Today, we’d like to shift the focus and shine the spotlight on an essential but less discussed part of any performance: the audience.
The dialogue between performers and their audience is what makes a live performance so powerful.
It’s immediate, it’s visceral, it’s communal. Performance is a gift to an audience.
As creators, we must work to ensure that the gift we’re giving is exactly what we want it to be, and as audience members, we should embrace our roles and be open and honest to participate in the live experience.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn About:
- Understanding your state of being as an audience member
- The dialogue between the audience and the performer
- Thoughts on standing ovations
- Understanding what kind of work you’re sharing as a performer
- The important role of the audience member
- Audience participation
- Attending new work
- Bad habits to avoid as an audience member
Thanks for Joining Us at the Round Table!
Don’t forget to subscribe to Stage Hackers to get automatic updates.
Also, please leave an honest rating and review for this podcast. These are incredibly helpful for the rankings of the show. We appreciate it so much and we read every review we get.
We look forward to sharing new episodes with you every Monday and Wednesday.
Keep hacking the stage!