Honesty is paramount to us as creators.
We seek to create honesty on stage, to evoke an honest reaction, and engage in honest dialogue on stage.
As the bold and forthright Deanna Fleysher shares with us, we must also be honest with ourselves in understanding the kind of work we wish to create, the lives we wish to lead, the people we best work with, and the boundaries we need to set.
Deanna is a comedy artist, teacher, and director devoted to audience inclusion.
Currently, she tours her award-winning solo show BUTT KAPINSKI and teaches Naked Comedy labs internationally.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn About:
- Perspectives on working outside of the commercial paradigm of acting
- Misconceptions about working outside of your craft
- Developing an array of skill sets to sustain your career
- Pairing workshops with touring performances
- Workshopping new work in small segments
- The value of video recording rehearsals
- Balancing flexibility and boundaries
- Choosing the right people to work with
- Thoughts on theatre phraseology and labels
Links, Books, & Resources:
- BUTT KAPINSKI Website
- Naked Comedy Blog
- Butt on Twitter
- Butt on Facebook
- Giovanni Fusetti Clown Educator
- The iDiOM Theatre
Thanks for Joining Us!
Don’t forget to subscribe to Stage Hackers to get automatic updates.
Also, please leave an honest rating and review for this podcast. These are incredibly helpful for the rankings of the show. We appreciate it so much and we read every review we get.
We look forward to sharing new episodes with you every Monday and Wednesday.
Keep hacking the stage!