Mindset is a crucial component to staying positive, productive, and sane as an artist.
An individual’s frame of mind can make or break a creative process or even career.
Today’s round table digs into previous guests’ pearls of wisdom as well as some of our own thoughts on developing an effective mindset for a successful and fulfilling artistic career.
By developing a mindfulness of perspective and work ethic, you can be a more powerful creator and storyteller.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn About:
- Fostering self-confidence and owning the validity of your creative voice
- Pursuing inspiration proactively
- Thinking outside of conventional theatrical forms
- Developing a creative support network
- Committing to an end product
- Creating goals to be accountable to
- Mentally preparing for the ups and downs of the creative process
- Focusing on your unique perspective rather than finding an “original” idea
- Working collaboratively rather than competitively
- Knowing what kind of artist you are
Links, Books, & Resources
- Getting Started with the Creative Process (episode 002)
- Having Success with Your Outside Eye (episode 013)
- Margolis Method
- The Artist's Way Starter Kit (book & resources)
- Crush It!: Why NOW Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion (book)
- Hack the Entrepreneur: How to Stop Procrastinating, Build a Business, and Do Work That Matters (book)
- It's Not How Good You Are, It's How Good You Want to Be (book)
- SoulPancake: Chew on Life's Big Questions (book)
- Gorilla Mindset (book)
Thanks for Joining Us at the Round Table!
Don’t forget to subscribe to Stage Hackers to get automatic updates.
Also, please leave an honest rating and review for this podcast. These are incredibly helpful for the rankings of the show. We appreciate it so much and read every one we get.
We look forward to sharing new episodes with you every Monday and Wednesday.
Keep hacking the stage!