It’s easy to get caught up in the creative side of a performance piece.
There’s nothing like the thrill of discovery in the studio during the creative process or the rush of being in front of a live audience.
But the magic on stage can’t happen without the financial means to bring a creative idea to fruition.
Ella Mahler shares her expertise as a fundraising advisor and sheds some light on how to make fundraising an exciting and interactive process to be embraced rather than feared.
By developing personalized strategies and building a strong relationship to your community and audience, the fundraising process itself can become an exciting extension of your creative passion.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn About:
- Defining your artistic goals and career
- Identifying common fears of fundraising
- Viewing fundraising as an opportunity
- Key questions to ask yourself prior to fundraising
- Approaching your audience as a resource
- Fundamental forms of fundraising
- Articulating why your work matters
- Setting achievable goals and expectations
- Fundraising as a tool to build audience, network and community
- Researching resources for personal growth and education
- Practice makes perfect!
Links, Books, & Resources
- Ella Mahler's Website
- The Ostara Group (fundraising advising group in Seattle, WA)
- Brown Paper Tickets (great site to sell tickets through)
- Kickstarter (crowdfunding platform)
- Indiegogo (crowdfunding platform)
- The Art of Asking (book)
- The Crowdfunder's Strategy Guide (book)
- Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? (book)
- The Generosity Network (book)
- Shunpike (Seattle/King County/WA State resource)
- 4 Culture (Seattle/King County/WA State resource)
- Seattle Office of Arts & Culture (Seattle/King County/WA State resource)
- WA State Arts Commission (Seattle/King County/WA State resource)
- Artist Trust (Seattle/King County/WA State resource)
***If you have funding resources in your community, please send us a message or leave that info in the comments below!
Thanks for Joining Us!
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Join our mailing list to receive our newsletter every Thursday.
Also, please leave an honest rating and review for this podcast. These are incredibly helpful for the rankings of the show. We appreciate it so much and read every one we get.
We look forward to sharing new episodes with you every Monday.
Keep hacking the stage!